San Antonio's 2011 International Woman's Day March & Rally is just around the corner - Saturday, March 5, 2011 - and planning is underway! Calling all Mujeres y hermanas, please join the planning meetings now if you are interested in helping plan this year's march & rally and meet other amazing women in your community!
at the Esperanza Peace & Justice Center located at
922 San Pedro Ave, 78212 (210-228-0201)
If you can't come to meetings, but would like to be involved, we need as many women as possible doing outreach & spreading the word about this year's march, which is sure to be even bigger than last year's & full of energy! !
So call or come by the Esperanza Center to get involved in other ways if you can't make meetings! ! Here are some things you can do:
- Pass out flyers & hang posters at gatherings, events, schools, universities, work, etc.
- Forward emails about the march to your friends & family & post march info on your social media websites
- Make phone calls to everyone you know to let your community know about the march & why it's important to participate!
- Teachers & Students - Reserve buses & plan a group carpool to the march, ask a committee member to plan a presentation at your school or in your class
- Members of Organizations - Make announcements at your meetings & events, plan a carpool for your organizaiton members to come to the march
- Come to t-shirt, poster & banner making days & bring a group of friends, family, co-workers, your organizations's group, your class, etc.! !
(SAVE the DATES: Thurs. to 7pm & Sat. Feb 26 from 1pm to 6pm : : : more detailed info to be posted later)
- visit the website weekly for updates www.SAWomenWillMarch.org
For more info you can call the Esperanza Center at